Sunday, March 16, 2014

Letter to the living

Dear you

You are breathing, that is amazing! Don't think too hard about what some ass said to you today, or yesterday or a few years ago. Your heart is beating, you are loving, smelling, wanting, needing, smiling, laughing, crying, singing (horribly), dancing (also horribly), you have so much potential please just see it, look at what you have, look at what your two hands can make, create, build, hold, feel.

You are the hero of your story. I know it seems like you may be the sidekick sometimes but you aren't you can do whatever the hell you want to do with your life. I know it doesn't get easier but it can get better if you try. You could die tomorrow so why not?

You are alive so act like it.

Confessions for the living:

1. I lied, that one time. And all the other times.

2. I've had your sweatshirt for a few months I just keep forgetting to bring it to you.

3. I'm sorry I know I'm not supposed to but I think everyone should be happy regardless of who they love.

4. I'm not as confident as I seem

5. You sound like an idiot just stop talking. Please.

6. I know I say I'm over it but I'm not. Okay? I'm just not I can't.

7. I am mad at you, you are in trouble. But you aren't... at least I won't tell you that you are. And I hate that I won't.

8. For a certain person; I know. I know I'm not supposed to know but I do and I'm okay with it, just tell me you can trust me I promise.

9. For my mom; I say yes, I agree, and I give in so you will stop yelling. Apparently I'm not allowed my own opinion.

10. You remember when you asked me all those questions and I answered. Every time I never told a full truth I'm too afraid of what you'll think.



I am crying now, I'm so tired, I am so done, when will it be okay? When will I take my own advice?








Sage

2 comments: